The Great Temple Borobudur
Two major events happened in this world in the 7th / 8th century which is the golden age of Buddhism particularly Tantrayana, the two events are :
The Great Master Padmasambhava brought Tantric Buddhism from India to Tibet and He built the first Buddhist Monastery named Samye Monastery in Tsedang-Tibet, and at the nearly same time The King of Sailendra Dynasty built The Great Temple Borobudur in Magelang, middle of Java Island-Indonesia.
The Great Temple Borobudur was built nine levels which was symbolize Nine Yanas that were exist in the past in Buddhist religion, the Nine Yanas were :
1. Sarvaka Yana
2. Pratika Buddha Yana
4. Kriya Tantra
5. Upa Tantra
6. Yoga Tantra
7. Maha Yoga
8. Anu Yoga
9. Ati Yoga
The Great Temple Borobudur was also built with the architecture and very high science of that era, Borobudur was built with square shape and one Stupa of Buddha in the center, this symbolizes The Five Primordial Buddhas :
1. In the north side of The Great Temple Borobudur laid Amoghasiddhi Buddha, The Buddha who was in The North.
2. In the east side of The Great temple Borobudur laid Akshobhya Buddha, The Buddha who was in The East.
3. In the south side of The Great Temple Borobudur laid Ratnasambhava Buddha, The Buddha who was in The South.
4. In the west side of The Great Temple Borobudur laid Amitabha Buddha, The Buddha who was in The West.
5. In the center of The Great Temple Borobudur laid Vairocana Buddha, The Buddha who was in The Center.
The wall of The Great Temple Borobudur carved with reliefs depicting The Buddha’s teachings of both Sutra and Tantra.
The Great Temple Borobudur is recognized by every Great Master of Buddhism as The Holy Mandala of tangible Nirvana that can be seen in this life.